Photo credit: Pete Linforth on Pixabay
In the hectic work environment, sometimes we overlook the prefect moments to coach and develop salespeople.
Here are some good situations to coach them:
- 1Performance review meetings
- 2Personal development sessions
- 3Work in progress update conversations
- 4Small group meetingsList Element
- 5When they succeed or make a breakthrough in sales achievements
- 6When they show the right sales behaviours and actions
- 7When they help and support others to succeed
- 8When they are stuck with the customer development plan
- 9When they are behind schedule meeting the monthly sales target
- 10When they show declining or inconsistent sales performance
- 11When ask you for the guidance and opinions to solve an issue
- 12When they show low confidence in dealing with difficult customers
- 13When they are fear of managing complex sales task
- 14When they are giving up or lost of fighting spirit / hope
- 15When they hesitate to make decisions
- 16When they are blaming others, things and situations for their failure
- 17When they are exhausted and overwhelmed with the workload
- 18When they dwell too much on low impact sales tasks and activities
- 19When they keep repeating the same mistake
- 20When they are practising in the sales call role-playing exercise
- 21When they fear or get stuck with a sales presentation or closing the sale
- 22When they don't prepare well before meeting the customers
- 23When they constantly miss the daily, weekly, or monthly sales reports submission
- 24When you work with them in the field sales
- 25When you need they show commitment to complete a sales task
and many more…... the list is not exhaustive.
You’ll notice that coaching is not everything about correcting their mistakes. It is about a conversation helping them develop the right behaviours and build repeated successes. Catch them do the right things is equally important as helping them correct their mistakes.
How many of these sales coaching opportunities you might miss out? Share your comment below.